The more people you put me in front of, the more comfortable I become.
Unlike 99% of the world’s population, I love speaking in front of people. Most people did everything to avoid having speech class in school, I signed up twice.
To have the honor of standing in front of a group of human beings and share a story is one I take with great pride.
Table of Contents
If you’re viewing this page you likely have a great responsibility to find the right speakers for your next event. I want to make that process a little bit easier for you by giving you an easy-to-navigate Table of Contents:
- What You Can Expect
- Brief Biography
- Speaking Topics
- Upcoming Engagements
- Recent Engagements
- Published Digital Work
Or you can just save yourself some time and:
What to Expect When You Book Me
As a trained actor, my whole life has been spent learning how to captivate and entertain an audience. As a designer, I’m obsessed with making things that make people’s eyeballs melt. So I can pretty much guarantee a top-notch presentation every time.
You can also count on:
- Quick, professional communication with you via email or phone calls.
- A personal consulting session with me so I can understand exactly who your audience is and how I’m going to serve their specific needs.
- A visually stunning and engaging presentation that has been tailored to your audience.
- Promotion of your event to my 300,000+ subscribers, followers, and fans.
- A custom resource page for your audience created specifically for your attendees. It will contain my presentation slides, notes, and links to resources that I believe will be helpful to them.
- My expressed gratitude and appreciation. Because that means something right?
And if that’s not enough, I promise I won’t be one of those divas who asks for a personal dressing room stocked with a jar of red M&M’s, 3 bottles of Perrier, a fresh Starbucks Latte and a room temperature of exactly 83°F. Although I wouldn’t object to that at all.
Seriously though– I’m pretty easy to work with.
A Tiny Bit About Me
I’ve spent most of my life in the performing arts world, so naturally being in front of audiences is something I’m most comfortable with. I graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts where I studied all forms of performing arts including:
- Improv Comedy
- Vocal Production
- Dialects (including Standard American)
- Musical Theater
- Acting for Stage and Film
In terms of my platform:
- Social Media Examiner named my blog one of the Best Social Media Blogs of 2017
- My blog reaches over 90,000 unique readers per month
- My email list has over 25,000 subscribers
- Between all my social networks and communities I have over 300,000 followers
I have been happily married to my wife, Catarina, for nearly 5 years and we have two boys. We live outside of Los Angeles, Ca. In my free time I enjoy being active– why watch sports when you can go play them yourself?
As I started my journey being a professional designer, I’ve spoken a lot in the realm of Visual Design, Branding, and Visual Content (which is a very hot topic at the moment). Examples of written versions of my talks can be seen in:
- Social Media and Content Marketing to Drive More Business
- Social Media Branding
- How to Drive Traffic with Pinterest
- How to Create Visual Content That Doesn’t Suck
- How to Optimize Social Media Images
- Creating a Stunning Reading Experience
This is a recent list of places I’ve spoken, taught, or Emceed in front of a live audience.
- Social Media Marketing World 2019
- Lift Off Summit
- Search Marketing Expo West
- Social Media Success Summit
- Search Marketing Expo East
- Social Search Superpowers (with Guy Kawasaki & Peg Fitzpatrick)
- Visual Content Mastery LIVE Webinar
- Steady Demand Company Retreat
- Small Biz-a-palooza
“If anyone can teach not only how to create compelling visuals but how to brand those visuals, it’s Dustin.”-Alexandra Riecke-Gonzales
“Dustin is very articulate and has an elegant way of explaining things in a digestible way. Not to mention he is highly entertaining!”Ben Fisher
“Dustin revolutionized my content production. I’m convinced his visual psychology strategies significantly boosted the power of that content.”-Mark Traphagen
Published (Digital) Work
I’ve had the pleasure of contributing to several online or digital publications including:
- Social Media Examiner
- Foundr Magazine
- Buffer Blog
- Duct Tape Marketing
Contact Me About Your Event
If you’d like to contact me about speaking at your next event simply fill out the form below.